Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Role: Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Ely, Cambridgeshire
Sector: Oil & Gas
Salary: Up to £60,000 (depending on level of experience)
Do you have a strong background in Oil & Gas as a Mechanical Design Engineer?
Possess full product life-cycle experience (Design for Manufacture and Assembly), including supplier interaction and effective communication with manufacturers?
Can demonstrate a solid comprehension of Design codes, International standards and regulations? (API, ISO, ASME etc.)
Are you looking for a role that encourages career progression and growth with plans of advancing this role to an Engineering Manager position in the near future?
If so, this role might just be for you.
We're currently working closely with a growing company that specialise in the design and manufacture of equipment and systems for the Oil and Gas industry.
As a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, you will mainly be responsible for:
* Focussing on DfMA to reduce costs, build simpler products by sourcing and selecting cost-effective materials and enhancing the production process.
* Carrying out FEA and FMECA when appropriate.
* Design of seals, bearings & machined and electro-mechanical components using 3D CAD design and 3D digital prototyping.
* Dealing directly with suppliers and communicating with manufacturers.
* Helping with streamlining the production process.
Ideally, you will have:
* A BEng or MEng in Mechanical Engineering OR a degree equivalent qualification.
* You MUST have a strong background and experience in Design and Production. (Oil & Gas)
* Experienced in the full product life-cycle - DfMA of Oil and Gas Products or Systems / Precision Mechanical Equipment.
* Strong understanding and comprehension of Design codes, International standards and regulations. (ISO, API, ASME)
* Knowledge of Manufacturing processes, Fabrication and able to read and understand Welding specs.
* Hold proficiency in 3D CAD.
This position will evolve into an Engineering Manager role in the near future, which showcases the company's commitment to investing in career development and growth for the right individual.
If you'd like a confidential chat to discuss the role in more detail, please feel free to get in touch.
If this role sounds of interest to you - Please click apply now and attach an up-to-date CV and we will get back to you as soon as possible to discuss next steps.
NOTE: All candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK - Engineer Match is unable to assist with visas or work permits.
Engineer Match is a specialist Mechanical Design Engineering agency