Software Support Executive
An opportunity has arisen for a Software Support Executive to join an industry-leading and well established Norwich city centre business.
Self-motivation and a natural flair and ability in I.T. are key requirements for this role and would be ideal for someone with 1-2 years’ experience in the industry, looking to kickstart their IT career.
A keen desire to be involved from the ground up and progress and to take on responsibility whilst still happy to do basic tasks are essential attributes for the successful candidate.
This role supports the smooth running of the IT department and is the first point of contact for internal and external customers. Strong customer service attributes are key to ensure we continually improve the level of service provided as well as an ability to communicate well at all levels and to follow through and 'make it happen’ in resolving issues.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensure the Service Desk is manned at all times and calls answered within given SLA’s.
• Prioritise and log calls/emails, assess urgency and assign issue to department/person who can resolve the issue within 30 mins.
• Follow up all external client calls raising issues with products and ensure the client is aware their call is being dealt with and provide ongoing feedback with regard to resolution time and resolution status.
• Administering and supporting the back-up solution including offsite retention.
• Maintaining and supporting all hardware and third-party software in line with agreements.
• Be part of the support team available for any exceptional/urgent out of hours work.
• Ensure security of systems and data is always maintained.
• A keen interest in I.T. and willingness to learn.
• A self-starter, keen to promote best practice and support for procedures.
• Ability to trouble-shoot using logical analytical skills.
• An eye for detail, quality and exemplary customer service.
• Good communication skills both written and oral
• Good team worker with the ability to work unsupervised
• Ability to continuously deliver high quality high volume output in an ever-changing environment
• Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines whilst maintaining quality
Please note-this is an office-based role with a working week of Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm.