WORKSHOP CONTROLLER - Poole, UK
U-Drive is a reputable family-owned vehicle rental company with over 40 years’ worth of history. We specialise in providing a diverse range of high-quality cars, LCVS, and specialist vehicles for both purchase and rental across the UK. Our team takes pride in offering excellent service to businesses, customers, and private hirers.
U-Drive is looking for a n experienced Workshop Controller to join the team in our Poole Head Office. The ideal candidate will need to have a proven track record of running an efficient workshop environment or as a Workshop Controller. We would also consider candidates who are experienced technicians and have demonstrated strong supervisory skills in previous roles and are now looking for the next step in their career.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILIIES
Responsibilities include, although are not limited to the following:
* Managing and delegating the workload of the Technicians to ensure smooth running of the Workshop.
* Managing and delegating the workload of the Mobile Technicians and Mobile Tyre Fitters to ensure smooth running.
* Managing time and resources is key to ensuring productivity is maximised and that deadlines are adhered to.
* Supporting front desk Service Advisors and addressing customer queries which may include road tests.
* Responsibility for the quality of Technician output covering all mechanical and report aspects as well as audit compliance.
* Ensuring all aspects of Health and Safety are maintained in the Workshop.
* Ordering of parts to meet Workshop needs.
* Mentoring and developing the Technician team and Apprentices to ensure they meet all aspects of training and personal development.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate the following relevant skills and competencies:
* Strong mechaical knowledge, ideally having been a Vehicle Mechanic/Technician previously.
* Happy to step into a supervisory role, overseeing our other tehnicians and mechnics.
* The ability to prioritise and make decisions along with excellent communication skills both verbal and written are vital to the role.
* Ideally Quality Control/Audit Compliance Experience but not essential.
* Proactive, process driven, enthusiastic and committed to meeting the high quality of work expected.
* Ability to effectively communicate at all levels or from different backgrounds to ensure appropriate levels of customer service and that deadlines are adhered to.
* Team player.
* Honest and trustworthy.
* Full UK Driving Licence
REPORTING, LOCATION & TRAVEL
This role reports to the Workshop Manager and will be based at our Head Office in Poole.
Full details of the Employee Benefits are available upon request or will be made available on provision of an offer of employment.
Should you wish to apply for this role and feel as though your skills and experience are a good match, please click apply.
Thank you for your interest, we wish you every success with your application