Our growing Technology team plays a key role in ensuring OS is at the cutting edge of geospatial capability and is looking for people to join them. Its mission is to work across the business to provide customer centric design and technology services.
Join us and you'll have an opportunity to make an impact. To empower projects that deliver real-world benefits across Britain and internationally. To hear our customers say they couldn't have done it without us. And to be central to OS's vision: to be recognised as world leaders in geospatial services; creating location insight for positive impact.
About the role
We have an opportunity for an experienced, highly motivated Software Engineer to join Ordnance Survey's Technology business area. This is an exciting time of transformation, specifically within our Business & Fulfilment Services Domain, having just made major investment to move our legacy, on premise systems to the next generation cloud-based future.
For this role within the Integrations Team you will be responsible for developing, maintaining, improving and supporting our Azure based APIs and integration solutions, so that we can continue to provide robust, secure and efficient integrations between our major business systems and our internal and external customers.
As part of this role you will:
* Be developing, debugging, testing deploying and monitoring efficient and secure APIs and integration logic between systems using Azure and C#.
* Communicate and collaborate with teams within the domain and in the wider OS to enable their systems to integrate with other core business systems through Azure.
* Collaborate on technical problems through pair and mob programming.
* Engage with stakeholders, gather feedback and deliver continuous improvement.
* Troubleshoot integrations and develop preventative solutions for issues.
We're looking for an individual that can demonstrate skills and experience in:
* Software development using C#, with a track record in developing and delivering production ready systems using code written using industry best practices and SOLID principals to ensure it is clean, secure, efficient and maintainable.
* Implementation and deployment of solutions into Cloud-based PaaS computing services, preferably Azure.
* Experience of Application Programming Interface (API) design patterns and best practices.
Knowledge in the following methodologies/technologies is desirable:
Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations and Dynamics 365 CE SaaS solutions
Azure resources including API Management, Azure Functions, Logic Apps
Unit testing using frameworks like XUnit or NUnit
We'll give you
Salary - £ 37,511 - £ 44,130
Performance related bonus
A competitive pension scheme
We adopt flexible working and can consider different working hours dependent on the role and your personal circumstances
25 days annual leave - (rising by 1 day each year to 30 days after five years) bank holidays and an extra 3 days over Christmas
Plus, a suite of excellent additional benefits
We embrace a hybrid working model at OS and understand there is no one size fits all in relation to how we work. We have a fantastic HQ in Southampton, Hampshire from where you may choose to work or spend more time at OSHQ.
OS conducts DBS background checks for all joiners and some of our roles require additional security clearance, including to SC or DV level in some cases. We will tell candidates at the appropriate time during the recruitment process if additional clearance will be required for this role.
Closing date: 3 December, 2023
We believe diversity and inclusion is about working together - in an encouraging and respectful environment to reach our full potential. We believe combining different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives will help us reach our vision and be trusted and admired across the globe for setting the standards and leading the way.
We are looking for passionate people from a range of backgrounds and welcome applications from any race, age, gender, background or religion.
We're individually talented and collectively powerful, and we give you the space to take your career in whichever direction you want.